eATM tManager Connect ControlLogix PLC to Databases
Connect ControlLogix PLC to Databases
Upload Production Metrics from ControlLogix to Databases
Download Recipes from Databases to ControlLogix
Connect ControlLogix to databases like Microsoft SQL or Oracle
tManager® Enterprise Appliance Transaction Modules (eATM®) enable bi-directional data exchange between enterprise systems like Microsoft SQL databases and ControlLogix PLCs. tManager is the preferred PLC in-chassis hardware connectivity solution as compared to PC software-based connectivity solutions such as VB scripting and FactoryTalk Transaction Manager.
tManager modules enable bi-directional data exchange for downloading recipes and manufacturing instructions or uploading production parameters for track and trace or monitoring. MS SQL databases are commonly used between MES applications and the production line.
Options are available for a variety of databases such as MS SQL, Oracle, and MySQL.
Drivers are available to connect tManager in the ControlLogix rack via the front Ethernet port to additional Allen-Bradley PLCs, Siemens PLCs, Schneider PAC/PLCs, and Modbus PLCs.
Connect PLC to SQL Database
- "Configure & Go" means no software coding or scripting. When tManager is inserted in the ControlLogix rack, the module automatically enumerates PLC and database tags and structures.
Easy to Operate and Maintain
- Extensive online help in the configuration software and unlimited installations on multiple computers make it easy to set-up and to monitor operation
- Once configured, tManager handles all data transfer and transactions in the hardware itself
Rock Solid Security
- Unlike a PC, tManager is not subject to anti-virus updates and ongoing patches like PC based solutions. Being a ControlLogix in-chassis module, tManager is therefore virus resistant. The only way to access the module is through the configuration software with adjustable user privileges.
Robust Data Handling & Auditing
- As a Rockwell encompass partner, Softing has developed tManager, a ControlLogix in-chassis module including native access directly communicating with the chassis backplane. With encompass partner access to the backplane, tManager can increase transation speeds, automatically enumerate PLC tags, and monitor PLC tags even without you touching the PLC logic.
- Data availability is maximized through the use of store and forward (local buffering) and failover. Data is time stamped and all transactions can be saved for audit.
- Email notifications help you keep tabs on transactions and system operation
tManager Connects ControlLogix to:
- ControlLogix backplane
- Up to 16 controllers
- ControlLogix bridge modules and then to Ethernet/IP, DH+, DH485, ControlNet
- Via the tManager front Ethernet port to
- other ControlLogix PLCs
- CompactLogix PLCs
- MicroLogix 1100, 1400, and 1500
- Siemens S7-300
- Siemens S7-400
- Siemens S7-1200
- Siemens S7-1500
- Schneider Electric Quantum Modbus TCP/IP
- other Modbus TCP/IP devices
- Insert, Update, Select
- Call database custom written programs
- Supports arrays, UDT, complex arrays, XML
- 2GB onboard memory for store and forward if database connectivity is lost
- Automatic database failover connectivity
- Status tag for monitoring tManager health, store and forward state, successful transaction
- Transaction logging, alarms/alerts, performance
System & Environmental
- Defining Controllers & Enumerating Tags
- Defining Databases & Enumerating Records
- Mapping Data
- Setting Up Triggers
- Logging options on the tManager
- Status feedback to controller
- Network Features for Security
- Comparison of Data Exchange Methods
- Industry Applications & Solutions
- Introduction & Product Positioning
- Getting Started Guide
- Details & Best Practices
- Performance Considerations
- tManager Demo Tools
- tManager Overview & Connectivity