- Global provider of integrated industrial solutions for middle-sized and large industrial bakeries
- Wants to modernize machines, in particular use modern state-of-the-art PLCs
- A complete redesign of the automation network and a selection of new vendors and components for all automation network components would be too costly.
- So the customer would like to maximize reuse of selected and proven components.
- Components need to be readily available, given the current status of the industry with supply chain issues.
- The customer decided to use new Siemens S7 PLCs.
- A Lenze frequency converter connecting Profibus devices shall be reused. However, the frequency converter does not support Profinet.
- The Lence frequency converter needs to be connected by a Profibus master.
- pnGate DP enables simple and easy-to-install retrofit installation of modern Siemens S7 PLC while Profibus DP segment can be reused without any changes
- pnGate DP helps to reduce total cost for modernization project
- The customer can work with available componets