eATM tManager Connect 1769 CompactLogix PLC to Databases
Connect a CompactLogix PLC to Databases
Upload Production Metrics from CompactLogix to Databases
Download Recipes from Databases to CompactLogix
Connect CompactLogix to databases like Microsoft SQL or Oracle
tManager® Enterprise Appliance Transaction Modules (eATM®) enable bi-directional data exchange between enterprise databases like Microsoft SQL and CompactLogix PLCs. tManager is the preferred PLC in-chassis hardware connectivity solution as compared to PC software-based connectivity solutions such as VB scripting and FactoryTalk Transaction Manager.
tManager modules enable bi-directional data exchange for downloading recipes and manufacturing instructions or uploading production parameters for track and trace or monitoring. MS SQL databases are commonly used between MES applications and the production line.
Options are available for MS SQL and Oracle databases.
Optional drivers are available to connect tManager for CompactLogix via the front Ethernet port to additional CompactLogix, Siemens PLCs, Schneider PAC/PLCs, and other Modbus PLCs.
Also, checkout tManager for the 1756 ControlLogix PLC.
- A key feature of tManager is that it eliminates the PC in the middle for connectivity. With tManager, a PC is not required between CompactLogix and the enterprise SQL database; tManager handles all transactions between CompactLogix and the plant enterprise SQL database.
- "Configure & Go" means no software coding or scripting. When tManager is inserted in the CompactLogix chassis, the module automatically enumerates PLC and database tags and structures.
Easy to Operate and Maintain
- The tManager configuration software has extensive online help. Unlimited configuration client installations on multiple computers make it easy to set-up and monitor operation
- Once configured, tManager handles all data transfer and transactions in the hardware itself; no PC or software required.
Rock Solid Security
- Unlike a PC, tManager is not subject to anti-virus updates and ongoing secuirty patches. Being a CompactLogix module, tManager is therefore virus resistant. The only way to access the module is through the configuration software with adjustable user privileges. The only way to create database inserts, updates, or selects is through menu selections. This makes configuration easy, and eliminates risk of accidental or malicious SQL code editing or hacking.
Robust Data Handling & Auditing
- As a Rockwell encompass partner, Softing has developed tManager, a 1769 CompactLogix module including native access to the CompactLogix controller. With encompass partner access, tManager can automatically enumerate PLC tags, and monitor PLC tags even without editing the PLC logic.
- Data availability is maximized through the use of store and forward (local buffering) for temporary network outages.
- For critical applications, define a failover server path for redundant database server operation.
- Data is time stamped and all transactions can be saved for audit.
- Email notifications help you keep tabs on transactions and system operation
tManager Connects CompactLogix to:
- Up to 2 other CompactLogix controllers
- Via the tManager front Ethernet port to
- CompactLogix PLCs
- Siemens S7-300
- Siemens S7-400
- Siemens S7-1200
- Siemens S7-1500
- Schneider Electric Quantum Modbus TCP/IP
- other Modbus TCP/IP devices
- Insert, Update, Select
- Call database custom written programs
- Supports arrays, UDT, complex arrays, XML
- Onboard memory for store and forward if database connectivity is lost
- Automatic database failover connectivity
- Status tag for monitoring tManager health, store and forward state, successful transaction
- Transaction logging, alarms/alerts, performance
System & Environmental
|Distance rating||• 4|
- Defining Controllers & Enumerating Tags
- Defining Databases & Enumerating Records
- Mapping Data
- Setting Up Triggers
- Logging options on the tManager
- Status feedback to controller
- Network Features for Security
- Press release
- Comparison of Data Exchange Methods
- Industry Applications & Solutions
- Introduction & Product Positioning
- Getting Started Guide
- Details & Best Practices
- Performance Considerations
- tManager Demo Tools
- tManager Overview & Connectivity