While the PROFIBUS- and CAN-communication in their various forms is a well established technique with a large installed base, PROFINET is still an early stage technology. Accordingly, the demand for information for these technologies is quite different.
As official PROFIBUS COMPETENCE CENTER and CERTIFIED TRAINING CENTER we offer training for both, the basics of the technology and for standard-compliant installation and reliable operation of the communications network in its equipment base.
This training provides a compact introduction to the basic elements PROFIBUS DP communication. Participants will have an overview of the different options of information transmission and will learn about the elementary services of data communication.
Some application areas have special requirements, e.g. on device parameterization or time behavior, which made it necessary to extend the original concept. This training explains the additional services and illustrates their application possibilities.
Another major focus is on hand-on exercises. Participants will commission networks and test them with a bus analyzer. Typical problems and fault scenarios as well as various possibilities of optimizing the communication will also be presented.
- Concept of PROFIBUS-DP
- Diagnosis transfer
- Phases of communication (in particular, parameterization and testing of the configuration)
- Basic elements: Topology, bus access, frame structure
- PROFIBUS analysis tools
- Overview of the architecture, elements and application possibilities
- Recording of bus traffic, use of filter/trigger conditions
- Analysis of the recordings
- PROFIBUS DP/V1
- Acyclic services (MSAC_C1, MSAC_C2)
- Alarm transmission
- Use of DP/V1 services (FDT - DTM)
- Identification & Maintenance (I&M) functions
- PROFIBUS DP/V2
- Slave-to-slave cross traffic
- Isochronous/synchronous data exchange
- Synchronized system time
The training is intended for anyone who wants an informative, well-founded overview of the communication possibilities provided by PROFIBUS DP. At the end of the training, participants such as developers, project managers or product managers will be able to confidently assess the advantages of PROFIBUS DP and its extensions (DP-V1, DP-V2, I&M, etc.) for their own applications.
No special knowledge required.
Price975 € plus VAT
Eliminating production process problems which arise due to disruptions in the exchange of data via PROFIBUS is a very complex task. Unnecessarily long downtimes also result in high costs. The correct installation of PROFIBUS components is the first step for an undisturbed communication. Additionally, a structured approach to identifying errors can help eliminate avoidable downtimes, increase communication stability and thus prevent future problems.
Softing's PROFIBUS Competence Center, which is certified by PROFIBUS International (PI), offers practical training which provides a compact introduction to the basics of PROFIBUS. The training concerns all aspects of a correct PROFIBUS installation and focuses on the physical and logical analysis of a PROFIBUS network. Mobile analysis tools such as PROFIBUS Tester 4 (BC-600-PB) and PROFIBUS Monitor (BC-502-PB) are used for this task. On top, the training includes the examen to become
Certified PROFIBUS Installer
- Basic elements of PROFIBUS DP and PA
- Device types
- Correct cabling, configuration and commissioning
- Communication process
- Physical analysis of DP and PA networks
- General statements on the bus state (“Is the bus stable?“)
- Reliable detection and elimination of physical problems
- Creation of an acceptance certificate
- Logical analysis of PROFIBUS communication
- Analysis of PROFIBUS frames and diagnostics
- Correction/optimization of PROFIBUS parameters and baud rate
- Use of filters / triggers to identify sporadic errors
- EMC compliant installation and grounding concepts
- Detection and elimination of EMC problems
- Prevention of EMC issues already during project planning and configuration
The training is tailored to engineers and technicians whose job is to install and maintain PROFIBUS networks.
This course has been developed especially for those people responsible for ensuring robust communication to guarantee a smooth production process.
Basic experience with PROFIBUS.