Ethernet in the industrial environment is becoming increasingly important. Here are the network security and effective data management important aspects for better and more reliable operation.
Efficient error diagnostics and rapid troubleshooting contribute to the high availability of networks. In our training on Industrial Ethernet you learn everything from A to Z for the daily practice. We teach the necessary specialized knowledge to Industrial Ethernet networks to plan, operate and maintain.
First you get an overview of the topic of Industrial Ethernet. Using an exercise network with current Siemens S7-communication, you will get to know the commonly used protocols in the automation environment TCP/IP, ISO (H1), RFC1006 and Siemens S7 protocol.
Furthermore the training provides insight into the workings of popular network services such as SNMP, FTP, DHCP, etc.
The Troubleshooting part focuses on error scenarios around the Ethernet communication with S7 controllers as well as on general network failures. You will learn:
- How do I deal with the trouble shooting most efficiently?
- What tools are available to me?
- How do I use a network analyzer efficiently?
- Characteristics, topology and components of a network
- ISO / OSI reference model
- Ethernet basics (physical fundamentals, telegram structure, access method, MAC-address)
- Typical failures in the Ethernet
- TCP/IP protocol family (IP address, subnet mask, port, TCP functions)
- Operation of network components (hubs, switches, routers)
- PLC network protocols (H1, RFC1006, S7)
- Typical network errors and diagnostic options
b) Operation of tools for network analysis based on the NetSpector and Wireshark
Operation of network and management instruments such as BC-200-ETH
- An overview of the functionality
- Filter options
- Procedure for the analysis of a telegram trace
c) Practical exercises (Troubleshooting):
- Error analysis:
- General network error
- with Send/Receive communication between Siemens S7 PLCs
- for Fetch/Write communication between PC and Siemens S7 PLCs (OPC communication)
- in the context of parent services
- Typical failure scenarios as well as rare ones will be presented
Engineers and users in the field of planning and maintenance
Basic knowledge of Siemens S7
Three days of training, course material, certificate of participation from Softing, refreshments during breaks and lunch