OPC UA C++ Server and Client Development Toolkits for Windows
Fast development of OPC UA Servers and Clients for Windows with C++
The OPC UA C++ Development Toolkits enable the fast integration of OPC Unified Architecture (UA) connectivity capabilities in Windows-based automation applications. It consists of a comprehensive set of libraries featuring a simple and documented programming interface, relevant example applications as well as test and simulation tools, allowing short time-to-market of OPC UA-enabled programs.
Compatibility Note: Please note that the license keys for the older toolkit versions are no longer compatible with the V5.50. Please get in touch with us if you experience problems.
Easy To Use Integration Interface - Faster Time-to- Market and Time-to-Revenue
- Development of OPC UA Servers and Clients for integrating OPC UA interfaces in Windows-based automation equipment
- Optimized Application Programming Interface (API) and easy to understand documentation
- Complementary how-to example applications, step by step tutorials, complex test and simulation clients and servers for a lean getting started with OPC UA development
- Applicable for time-critical control tasks as well as for complex automation projects
Proven Performance from Market Leader
- Access to more than 15 years of expertise in the OPC development toolkit business
- Technology incorporated in Softing’s state-of-the-art OPC Servers and Middleware products
- Efficient development of OPC UA Servers and Clients for moving data and information from factory floor to enterprise level.
Complete Solution for All Customer Requirements
- Comprehensive set of building blocks offering encapsulated and easy-to-use functionality required for implementing OPC UA Servers and Clients
- Wide range of functionality, including Extended Security, Data Access, Complex Data, Eventing and Historical Access in C++ for Windows
- Integrated security concepts allowing safe remote data transfer actively addressing modern security threats
Reduced Total Technology Cost of Ownership (Development, Maintenance)
- OPC – Right out of the box – Up-to-date with OPC specifications
- Saving of up to two years of development effort, considerably reducing time-to-market
- Very fast way to 100% OPC compliance and proven interoperability
|OPC Specifications||OPC Unified Architecture V1.02|
|OPC Roles||OPC UA Client, OPC UA Server|
|OPC UA Client Profiles||Core Characteristics, Data Access, Complex Data, Base Eventing, Methods, Audit, Historical Access, Alarms and Conditions, Query, Redundancy|
|OPC UA Server Profiles||Core Characteristics, Data Access, Complex Data, Base Eventing, Methods, Audit, Historical Access, Alarms and Conditions|
|OPC UA Transport||OPC UA TCP Transport: UA Binary Encoding, UA Secure Conversation|
HTTPS Transport: UA Binary Encoding
|OPC UA Security||Security policy: Basic256/Basic128Rsa15/none, authentication: anonymous/user name and password/user certificate|
Full compliance to OPC UA 1.02 specification
|OPC UA Modelling||Model designer as helper tool for address space configuration for OPC UA Servers|
|OPC Backwards Compatibility - Optional||OPC UA Client Gateway Toolkit Extension enables OPC UA Clients, developed with Softing OPC UA Toolkits, to access any OPC Classic DA Servers.|
OPC UA Server Gateway Toolkit Extension enables OPC UA Servers developed with Softing OPC UA Toolkits to be accessed by OPC Classic DA Clients.
|Development Environment*||Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (x86 und x64), Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 (x86 und x64)|
|Development Operating Systems*||Windows 7 (32 Bit and 64 Bit), Windows 8.1 (32 Bit and 64 Bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012|
|Target Operating Systems*||Windows 7 (32 Bit and 64 Bit), Windows 8.1 (32 Bit and 64 Bit), Windows Server 2008 RS2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Embedded|
|Compliance / Certification||OPC Foundation certification for Server, regularly tested at OPC Foundation interoperability workshops|
|Support Tools||Comprehensive programming examples and tutorials, complex test and simulation OPC UA Server and Client applications, generic technology test and demonstration Client and Server tools|
|Trial Version||Trial toolkit assemblies contain the complete functionality. Limitation to 90-minute runtime period applies. Trial version upgrades to unlimited functionality simply by using the binary license activation key|
|Licensing||Trial and evaluation license, single seat developer license (binary and source code version)|
Applications integrating licensed toolkit libraries can be deployed in unlimited number of copies.
*Please contact the Softing sales representative for requests of different compilers or operating system variants.
Drivers & Software
- OPC UA C++ Server & Client Toolkit for Windows Trial and License Holder Package V5.52.0
- OPC UA C++ Server & Client Toolkit for Windows Trial and License Holder Package V5.41.1
- OPC UA Client Gateway Toolkit Extension Package V1.40.0
- OPC UA Server Gateway Toolkit Extension Package V1.40.0
- OPC UA Client Package V1.40.0 (Free of Charge, Unlimited Runtime)
Manuals & Documentation
Articles & White Papers
- OPC "The future is already here" Professional Article
- "OPC UA as a Bridge Between IT and Automation" Professional Article
- "OPC UA Ensures High Delivery Reliability" Professional Article
- OPC "New Automation Concepts with OPC UA" Professional Article
- OPC "Saving Energy with OPC UA" Professional Article
|LMA-DD-035101||Service and Support Contract for OPC UA C++ Client Toolkit for Windows, Binary Format, Minimum Duration 3 Years, Includes WRL-DD-035101 license package|
|WRL-DD-035101||OPC UA C++ Client Toolkit for Windows, Single Seat Developer License, Binary Format. Available only in combination with LMA-DD-035101|
|LMA-DD-035102||Service and Support Contract for OPC UA C++ Server Toolkit for Windows, Binary Format, Minimum Duration 3 Years, Includes WRL-DD-035102 license package|
|WRL-DD-035202||OPC UA C++ Server Toolkit for Windows, Single Seat Developer License, Binary Format. Available only in combination with LMA-DD-035202|
|LMA-DD-035201||Service and Support Contract for OPC UA C++ Client Toolkit for Windows, Source Format, Minimum Duration 3 Years, Includes WRL-DD-035101 license package|
|WQL-DD-035201||OPC UA C++ Client Toolkit for Windows, Single Seat Developer License, Source Format. Available only in combination with LMA-DD-035201|
|LMA-DD-035202||Service and Support Contract for OPC UA C++ Server Toolkit for Windows, Source Format, Minimum Duration 3 Years, Includes WQL-DD-035202 license package|
|WQL-DD-035202||OPC UA C++ Server Toolkit for Windows, Single Seat Developer License, Source Format. Available only in combination with LMA-DD-035202|
|WRL-DD-031103||OPC UA Client Gateway Extension for OPC UA Client Development Toolkits, Single Seat Developer License, Binary Format|
|WRL-DD-031104||OPC UA Server Gateway Extension for OPC UA Server Development Toolkits, Single Seat Developer License, Binary Format|
|LEA-DD-030300||Site License Extension for OPC Development Toolkits|
|SIA-DD-030400||OPC Toolkit Integration Services|
Scope of Delivery
|Software||Installation package on the Softing OPC Toolkits DVD-ROM.|
installation package available for download.
|Support||Dedicated Support Team|
|Documentation||Online help in English in CHM format as part of the installation package|
Additional Products and Services
|OPC-ENTW-TAG||OPC Engineering / Consulting / Compliance Assistance|
|TRA-OPC-UA||OPC UA Introductory Training for decision makers and technical leaders|
From OPC Data Access to OPC Unified Architecture
The latest edition of the OPC Book provides an excellent overview of the fundamentals, implementation and application of standardized data exchange via OPC. A key focus is on the new OPC generation – OPC Unified Architecture – that allows for platform-independent data and information exchange.
- Comprehensive Overview of OPC
- Detailed Introduction to OPC UA
- Tools and Demo Programs
|Order the Book: From Data Access to Unified Architecture|
Comprehensive Overview of Specifications and applicationsThe OPC Book provides an introduction to all OPC Specifications released by the OPC Foundation, from the very first to the most recent. OPC stands for Openness, Productivity and Collaboration, symbolizing the new possibilities opening up in automation technology. In addition to the fundamentals of OPC, the book discusses the implementation of OPC servers and clients, and presents application possibilities and examples. This gives readers a comprehensive overview of OPC technology and application areas.
The New OPC Generation – OPC Unified Architecture
A key focus of the book is on the OPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA). The new OPC generation allows service oriented, multivendor, and cross-platform capable data and information exchange. Among the most important subjects here are the specifications of this Windows-independent technology, the OPC UA application possibilities, the development of OPC UA products for Windows, Linux and VxWorks operating systems, and the migration from OPC Classic to OPC UA. The book provides a solid foundation of knowledge for readers to build and use products supporting OPC UA in automation.
Tools and Demo Programs on CD-ROM
The included CD-ROM contains demo versions of a variety of OPC servers and OPC tools. It also provides several demonstration programs for development, commissioning, testing, and for the simulation of OPC clients and servers. Another major part of the CD-ROM is dedicated to OPC UA introductory videos and presentations. The comprehensive content makes it easy for readers to get started with OPC Classic and OPC UA.
Scope of DeliveryOPC Book with CD-ROM
|Order the Book: From Data Access to Unified Architecture|