eATM OPC UA MDIS Server Module for ControLogix
Put an OPC UA MDIS Server in your ControlLogix PLC Chassis
The eATM® (Enterprise Appliance Transaction Module) in-chassis module puts an OPC UA MDIS Server inside your ControlLogix PLC enabling connectivity to OPC UA MDIS clients.
Do you have a subsea oil production application where you need to easily connect the topside platform DCS to a subsea electronics module? Have you used Modbus in the past and spent a ton of time on integration and testing?
Now you can turn your ControlLogix PLC that’s controlling the subsea electronics module into an OPC UA MDIS Server and easily connect to your topside MDIS compliant DCS Client.
Softing is a Rockwell Automation encompass partner which means Softing designs ControlLogix in-chassis modules with permission to directly access backplane data and control tags.
Softing’s OPC UA MDIS module for ControlLogix discovers the subsea tree Information Model with Methods in the PLC and exposes this information to the OPC UA MDIS compliant DCS.
The Information Model objects in the PLC (like valves, chokes, instrumentation) are pre-defined and recognized, and Methods (Move Valve, Step Choke) are pre-defined and recognized by the DCS which drastically reduces integration time and produces a higher quality integration.
Faster Implementation & Updates
- "Configure & Go" means no software coding or scripting to establish connectivity
- Automatically enumerates PLC tags/structures for the local chassis
- Meets OPC UA MDIS companion specification with pre-defined Information Model for valves, chokes, and instrumentation and pre-defined Methods like Move Valve, Step Choke to help make integration easy, standard, and higher quality
OPC Foundation Tested
- The eATM OPC UA MDIS Server has been tested by the OPC Foundation test tool developed by Softing
Rock Solid Security
- eATM OPC UA MDIS Server module is not a PC and therefore is virus resistant. The only way to access the module is through the configuration software with adjustable user privileges.
Robust Data Handling & Auditing
- eATM OPC UA MDIS Server was developed by Softing as a Rockwell encompass partner product allowed to be an in-chassis ControlLogix module including native backplane communication
- eATM OPC UA MDIS Server transmits data using the enhanced security of OPC UA
- As OPC UA Client, enables ControlLogix PLC to access data from OPC UA servers
- As OPC UA Server, enables ControlLogix PLC to access data from OPC UA clients
Paper on OPC UA MDIS application for Oil & Gas Production and Subsea Control